CLLAS collaborates with the Latin American Studies Program to invite notable scholars from the University of Oregon and other universities to speak in conversation with one another at theme-based symposiums on the UO campus.
CLLAS sponsors grantee presentations, film series, brown-bag luncheons, and symposiums throughout the academic year.
Our home page features an events Calendar and an Upcoming Events box with links for currents events. Blog entries on our Home page give descriptions of upcoming events.
- December 1, 2014:
- December 2, 2014:
- December 3, 2014:
- January 22, 2015:
- February 6, 2015:
- February 12, 2015:
- February 26, 2015:
- March 12, 2015:
- April 2, 2015:
- April 3, 2015:
- April 7, 2015:
- April 16, 2015:
- June 4, 2015:
- CLLAS Announces 2015 Graduate Student Summer Research Grants
- Native Studies Research Colloquium — Lynn Stephen, “Transborder Gendered Violence and Resistance: Indigenous Women Migrants Seeking U.S. Asylum”
- The Chilean Miners: My Adventures in Listening, Writing, and Underground Observation, a research talk by Hector Tobar
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- Sonia Nazario, Pulitzer Prize–Winning Author of “Enrique’s Journey,” to Lecture
- Running from Peril, Chasing Hope: Central American Children and the Refugee Crisis