CLLAS collaborates with the Latin American Studies Program to invite notable scholars from the University of Oregon and other universities to speak in conversation with one another at theme-based symposiums on the UO campus.
CLLAS sponsors grantee presentations, film series, brown-bag luncheons, and symposiums throughout the academic year.
Our home page features an events Calendar and an Upcoming Events box with links for currents events. Blog entries on our Home page give descriptions of upcoming events.
- Symposium 2015
- Online Registration
- Panel I: Advancing Latino Equity in Oregon
- Panel II: Human Rights and Social Memory
- Panel III: Latino History, Resources, and Public Education in Oregon
- Panel IV: Examining African Heritage and Blackness in Caribbean and Latin American Popular Culture
- 2015-16 Events
- 2014-15 Events
- 2013-2014 Events
- 2012-2013 Events
- 2011-2012 Events
- 2010-2011 Events
- 2009-2010 Events
- 2008-2009 Events
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- October 10, 2016:
- October 13, 2016:
- October 14, 2016:
- October 20, 2016:
- November 19, 2016:
- February 3, 2017:
- “Myths, Lies and Truths: The Re-Invention of Ladino Song as Ancient”
- Cherríe Moraga: Lorwin Lecture on Civil Rights & Civil Liberties
- New study delves into state approaches to immigration | Around the O
- Film showing: The Mexican Dream
- “Bicycle Justice and Urban Transformation,” a new book coedited by CLLAS co-director Gerardo Sandoval
- Optimism, broad communications experiences drive new SOJC dean