CLLAS collaborates with the Latin American Studies Program to invite notable scholars from the University of Oregon and other universities to speak in conversation with one another at theme-based symposiums on the UO campus.
CLLAS sponsors grantee presentations, film series, brown-bag luncheons, and symposiums throughout the academic year.
Our home page features an events Calendar and an Upcoming Events box with links for currents events. Blog entries on our Home page give descriptions of upcoming events.
- March 14, 2014:
- April 9, 2014:
- April 11, 2014:
- April 17, 2014:
- April 24, 2014:
- May 8, 2014:
- May 14, 2014:
- May 29, 2014:
- CLLAS Faculty Grant Proposal Writing Workshop
- Deadline April 11: 2014 CLLAS Seed Grant Competition for Faculty and Collaborative Research Groups
- Documentary by Gabriela Martínez to be shown during Border Film Week at the University of San Diego
- “Reviving a History of Inequality in Immigration,” a New York Times article by UO professor Daniel Tichenor
- “Media Reform in Latin America: The struggles of communication public policies in the Global South”
- “The Role of Public Art in the Oaxaca Rebellion of 2006”— César Chávez Victoria, Oaxacan artist