- “Latina/os and K-12 Education: Bridging Research and Practice,” with Eugene School District 4J superintendent Dr. Gustavo Balderas and scholar Dr. Patricia Gándara, co-director of the Civil Rights Project of UCLA, Oct. 15, Ford Alumni Center
- CLLAS Graduate Student Grantee Presentation: Theresa Gildner, Anthropology: “Diurnal Testosterone Variation Among Indigenous Shuar Men from Amazonian Ecuador,” Nov. 19, EMU.
- Grant Writing Workshop for Graduate Students, Jan. 14, Jane Grant Conference Room
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 1/22, 12–1 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall
- CLLAS Grad Grantee Presentation: “At the Border: A comparative analysis of U.S. newspaper reporting about unaccompanied immigrant children,” Ricardo Valencia (SOJC, Media Studies), 1/27, 125 McKenzie Hall.
- “Chicano Park Anchor of Barrio Logan,” a talk by Hector Villegas, Chicano Artist, Feb. 8, Lawrence 115
- RAP event: ID-ing the Issues of Afro-descendant and Indigenous Peoples in L.A., 1/20, 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Cosponsored Event: Symposium of Spanish as a Heritage Language, 2/18 – 2/20
- Cosponsored Event: “Mexican Migration and the American South,” Julie Weise (History). 2/19
- Cosponsored Event: Martha Gonzalez and Quetzal. 2/25.
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 2/26
- CLLAS Visiting Scholar Presentation, Anabel Lopez-Salinas. Condon Hall.
Spring Quarter 2016
- CLLAS Faculty Grant Proposal Writing Workshop: led by Gerardo Sandoval. TBD.
- CLLAS Grad Grantee Presentation: Julia Gómez, “Latin American Iconicities of Absence: A Cognitive Poetic Approach to Mirtha Dermisache’s ‘Unreadable’ Books,” April 7, Esslingen 107
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 4/15, 12–1 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Cosponsored Event: “Combining Research and Activism.” TBD.
- Cosponsored Event: CSWS Northwest Women Writers Symposium May 6 -7. Keynote: Reyna Grande, events at Knight Library Browsing Room and Downtown Eugene Public Library.
- Latin@s and the 2016 Election: Policies, Immigration, & Action. May 13.
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 5/13, 12–1 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Cosponsored Event: May 16. Festival Latino
- Bartolomé de las Casas Lecture in Latin American Studies.
- Symposium 2015
- Online Registration
- Panel I: Advancing Latino Equity in Oregon
- Panel II: Human Rights and Social Memory
- Panel III: Latino History, Resources, and Public Education in Oregon
- Panel IV: Examining African Heritage and Blackness in Caribbean and Latin American Popular Culture
- 2015-16 Events
- 2014-15 Events
- 2013-2014 Events
- 2012-2013 Events
- 2011-2012 Events
- 2010-2011 Events
- 2009-2010 Events
- 2008-2009 Events
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- April 5, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- April 14, 2017:
- April 15, 2017:
- April 18, 2017:
- May 5, 2017:
- May 17, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- Raúl Zurita & Anna Deeny: Bilingual Poetry Reading & Lecture
- “Achieving Justice: Gendered Violence, Displacement, and Legal Access in Guatemala and Oregon,” a roundtable
- LALISA Conference “Peripheral Mappings: Social and Cultural Geographies from the Underside of Modernity”
- 2017 CLLAS Call for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
- Dr. Lynn Stephen Elected Vice-President of Latin American Studies Association