Ford Alumni Center
1720 E. 13th Ave.
RSVP by Thursday, May 19 at: http://tinyurl.com/AcadAcculturation
Students of color and underrepresented students often undergo a process of academic acculturation to become successful in college. However, there needs to be a two-way process of academic acculturation, where professors learn to understand and support students from diverse backgrounds. A panel of faculty, staff, and students will lead a discussion of what faculty can do to make the learning environment more inclusive.
- Patrick Phillips, Professor of Biology
- Loren Kajikawa, Associate Professor of Musicology and Ethnomusicology
- Rosa Chavez, Assistant Director, Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence
- David To, Academic Advisor, Asian and Pacific Islander Student Retention Specialist, Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence
- Michelle Nguyen, Undergraduate Student
- AJ Dickson, Undergraduate Student