Skip to content
Fall Quarter 2015
Winter Quarter 2016
- Grant Writing Workshop for Graduate Students, Jan. 14, Jane Grant Conference Room
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 1/22, 12–1 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall
- CLLAS Grad Grantee Presentation: “At the Border: A comparative analysis of U.S. newspaper reporting about unaccompanied immigrant children,” Ricardo Valencia (SOJC, Media Studies), 1/27, 125 McKenzie Hall.
- “Chicano Park Anchor of Barrio Logan,” a talk by Hector Villegas, Chicano Artist, Feb. 8, Lawrence 115
- RAP event: ID-ing the Issues of Afro-descendant and Indigenous Peoples in L.A., 1/20, 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Cosponsored Event: Symposium of Spanish as a Heritage Language, 2/18 – 2/20
- Cosponsored Event: “Mexican Migration and the American South,” Julie Weise (History). 2/19
- Cosponsored Event: Martha Gonzalez and Quetzal. 2/25.
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 2/26
- CLLAS Visiting Scholar Presentation, Anabel Lopez-Salinas. Condon Hall.
Spring Quarter 2016
- CLLAS Faculty Grant Proposal Writing Workshop: led by Gerardo Sandoval. TBD.
- CLLAS Grad Grantee Presentation: Julia Gómez, “Latin American Iconicities of Absence: A Cognitive Poetic Approach to Mirtha Dermisache’s ‘Unreadable’ Books,” April 7, Esslingen 107
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 4/15, 12–1 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Cosponsored Event: “Combining Research and Activism.” TBD.
- Cosponsored Event: CSWS Northwest Women Writers Symposium May 6 -7. Keynote: Reyna Grande, events at Knight Library Browsing Room and Downtown Eugene Public Library.
- Latin@s and the 2016 Election: Policies, Immigration, & Action. May 13.
- CLLAS RAP Work-in-Progress Talk. 5/13, 12–1 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Cosponsored Event: May 16. Festival Latino
- Bartolomé de las Casas Lecture in Latin American Studies.