The Department of Romance Languages at the University of Oregon is proud to announce the launch of our new Spanish Heritage Language program (SHL). This program is designed for students who grew up in a Spanish-speaking household or community in a country where Spanish is not the dominant language, such as the United States. SHL offers a variety of classes to meet students’ needs as heritage learners. Students with Spanish-language heritage will explore topics related to their cultural background, and coursework is designed to help them recover and/or develop their heritage linguistic abilities. We are thrilled to offer several SHL classes starting in Fall 2012 term. For more information about the SHL program please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHL Website. (http://blogs.uoregon.edu/herencia218/)
SHL courses at the U of O (2012-2013)- SPAN 218, 228, 308, 428, 438/538.
Claudia Holguín Mendoza, Assistant Professor of Spanish & Coordinator of the Spanish Heritage Language Program
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- April 5, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- April 14, 2017:
- April 15, 2017:
- April 18, 2017:
- May 5, 2017:
- May 17, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- Raúl Zurita & Anna Deeny: Bilingual Poetry Reading & Lecture
- “Achieving Justice: Gendered Violence, Displacement, and Legal Access in Guatemala and Oregon,” a roundtable
- LALISA Conference “Peripheral Mappings: Social and Cultural Geographies from the Underside of Modernity”
- 2017 CLLAS Call for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
- Dr. Lynn Stephen Elected Vice-President of Latin American Studies Association