|May 13, 2016|
|4:00 pm||to||7:00 pm|
1451 Onyx St.
Latin@s and the 2016 Election: Policies, Immigration, and Action
This event will explore the current nature of the Latin@ electorate and the issues most relevant to this constituency. Presenters will also discuss the presidential candidates and their respective policy positions.
This event will feature:
- Larry Kleinman, Head of National Initiatives, CAPACES Leadership Institute
- Antonio Huerta, Outreach Manager, Opportunities Program, University of Oregon
- Breakout sessions on gender, immigration/deportation, and youth participation
- The Latino Roots exhibit
- And more!
Opening Reception: 4 – 4:30 pm
Opening Talk: 4:40 – 5:30 pm
Break-out Sessions: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Gender and immigration
- Immigration / deportation
- Youth–Millennial voting
Closing remarks: 6:30 – 7 pm
Sponsored by the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies (CLLAS).
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- May 3, 2017:
- May 5, 2017:
- May 8, 2017:
- May 9, 2017:
- May 15, 2017:
- May 16, 2017:
- May 17, 2017:
- May 18, 2017:
- May 25, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- 2017 CLLAS Call for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
- “Diálogos,” a New, Multi-sensory Exhibition that Features Latin American Art, Opens at JSMA
- Marjorie Perloff: Poetry, Poetics & Myth Speaker Series
- UO’s Charles Martinez named to Knight Professorship
- Michelle McKinley receives multiple awards, including UO Law School’s highest teaching honor