The Winter 2019 CLLAS Notes our twice-yearly newsletter, is now available online and in print.
Director Gabriela Martínez fills us in on fall events as she heads out for sabbatical. Read about graduate student research in Chicago, Yucatan, and Bolivia. Learn more about the ACCESS intervention program for survivors of intimate partner violence being carried out by Professor Krista Chronister in the College of Education, and in conjunction with PhD student Yolanda Valenzuela. Find out about movie director Peter Bratt’s teach-in with students. And enjoy the warm and thoughtful greeting from CLLAS interim director Carlos Aguirre.
Winter 2019 CLLAS Notes Volume 10, Issue 1 includes:
- Director’s Letter
- Greetings from the Interim Director
- CLLAS Teach-In with Film Director Peter Bratt
- The Carnaval Shines a Spotlight on Latinx Theatre
- Indigenous Maya Labor in a Site of World Heritage
- Indigeneity and Mobilization in Lowland Bolivia
- Immigrant Latina Survivors of Partner Violence and Work
- News & Book Notes
- Upcoming events