“Achieving Justice: Gendered Violence, Displacement, and Legal Access in Guatemala and Oregon,” a roundtable
|April 13, 2017|
|2:00 pm||to||4:30 pm|
1501 Kincaid St.
Roundtable: CSWS Americas RIG research project with Professors Erin Beck (Political Science) and Lynn Stephen (Anthropology), U.S. asylum lawyers, and speakers from Guatemala. Explores Guatemalan women’s transborder search for gendered justice alongside refugee Guatemalan women’s access to gendered asylum in Oregon.
Sponsored by the Center for the Study of Women in Society, the Wayne Morse Center for Law & Politics, the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies, and the Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs. This research project is also supported by funds from CLLAS.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- February 28, 2017:
- March 1, 2017:
- March 3, 2017:
- March 9, 2017:
- March 10, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- April 14, 2017:
- April 15, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- The Triumph of the Will? Theoretical-Critical Assessments of the New Era in American Politics
- Dreamers, Ducks & DACA Info-Session
- Jen Hofer: Translation for Language Justice
- Making the Invisible Visible: Diversity in the Future of Public History featuring Miguel Juárez
- “Presente! Art and the Disappeared in Latin America,” with Stephanie Wood and Carlos Aguirre