- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration (cosponsorship): 10/13/14 all day, UO campus
- Mexican indigenous feminist rap: Mare Advertencia Lirika 10/16/14 Beall Hall
- Colonial Exchanges Conference (cosponsorship) 10/17/14 Knight Library
- Grad Grantee Presentation: Hip Hop in Cuba, Charlie Hankin 10/23/14 EMU
- Globalization, Gender, and Development Conference (cosponsorship) 10/23 — 10/24 Knight Library
- CLLAS Visiting Scholar Presentation: Ana-Maurine Lara 11/20/14
Winter Quarter 2015
- CLLAS Graduate Student Grant Proposal Writing Workshop: 1/22, 12–1:30 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- CLLAS Visiting Scholar Presentation: Ana-Maurine Lara (Anthropology), 2/12, 4–5:30 p.m., 140 Allen Hall.
- Human Rights & Genocide Prevention Roundtable. 2/19, 3:30–5 p.m., Collaboration Center, Knight Library 122.
- CLLAS Grad Grantee Presentation: “Djeoromitxi (Brazil) Language and Culture,” Thiago Castro (Linguistics). 2/26, 3:30–5 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Reception for Photo Exhibit. CLLAS’s Afro-Descendant and Indigenous Peoples RAP presents a photo exhibit by the youth group reconoci.do from the Dominican Republic. 3/4, JSMA.
- Lecture: Jafari Sinclaire Allen, 3/11.
- CLLAS Symposium: “Public Engagement in Latin@ and Latin American Studies,” 3/12, Knight Library, Browsing Rm.
- CLLAS Professional Development, Publishing Workshop: Gisela Fosado, Duke University Press, 4/2. 330 Hendricks Hall.
- CLLAS Faculty Grant Proposal Writing Workshop: led by Gerardo Sandoval. 4/3, 12–1:30 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- CLLAS Grad Grantee Presentation: “Intimate Partner Violence and Immigrant Women,” Kathryn Miller (Political Science) 4/16, 3:30–5 p.m., Mills International Center (tentative).
- Junior-Senior Faculty Conversation on Publishing. 4/30, 3:30–5 p.m., 330 Hendricks Hall.
- Bartolomé de las Casas Lecture in Latin American Studies.
- Latino Roots Celebration. 6/4, 4–6 p.m., Knight Library, Browsing Room.
- Human Rights Curriculum Workshop: Teaching Human Rights in the Context of the Museum 6/5/15
- Retreat for Middle & High School Teachers: Human Rights. 6/6, 10 a.m.–4 p.m., Knight Library 144, Edmiston Classroom.
- Symposium 2015
- Online Registration
- Panel I: Advancing Latino Equity in Oregon
- Panel II: Human Rights and Social Memory
- Panel III: Latino History, Resources, and Public Education in Oregon
- Panel IV: Examining African Heritage and Blackness in Caribbean and Latin American Popular Culture
- 2015-16 Events
- 2014-15 Events
- 2013-2014 Events
- 2012-2013 Events
- 2011-2012 Events
- 2010-2011 Events
- 2009-2010 Events
- 2008-2009 Events
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- April 5, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- April 14, 2017:
- April 15, 2017:
- April 18, 2017:
- May 5, 2017:
- May 17, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- Raúl Zurita & Anna Deeny: Bilingual Poetry Reading & Lecture
- “Achieving Justice: Gendered Violence, Displacement, and Legal Access in Guatemala and Oregon,” a roundtable
- LALISA Conference “Peripheral Mappings: Social and Cultural Geographies from the Underside of Modernity”
- 2017 CLLAS Call for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
- Dr. Lynn Stephen Elected Vice-President of Latin American Studies Association