2014 Faculty Books
by Alejandro A. Vallega
Indiana University Press, Series: World Philosophies
Alejandro A. Vallega is an associate professor, UO Department of Philosophy.
After the Nation: Postnational Satire in the Works of Carlos Fuentes and Thomas Pynchon
by Pedro García-Caro
Northwestern University Press
Pedro García-Caro is an associate professor of Spanish in the UO Department of Romance Languages.
The Truly Diverse Faculty: New Dialogues in American Higher Education
coedited by Stephanie Fryberg and Ernesto Javier Martínez
Ernesto Martinez is an associate professor, Departments of Women’s and Gender Studies, and Ethnic Studies, and a CLLAS faculty affiliate.
by Héctor Tobar
Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Héctor Tobar is a Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist and a visiting assistant professor in the UO School of Journalism and Communication.
by Mark Carey
Lima: Instituto de Estudios Peruanos; Instituto Francés de Estudios Andinos
Mark Carey is associate dean of the UO Robert D. Clark Honors College, an associate professor of history, and a CLLAS affiliated faculty member
by Alaí Reyes-Santos
Rutgers University Press
Alaí Reyes-Santos is an assistant professor, Department of Ethnic Studies, and a CLLAS affiliated faculty member.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- April 5, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- April 14, 2017:
- April 15, 2017:
- April 18, 2017:
- May 5, 2017:
- May 17, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- Raúl Zurita & Anna Deeny: Bilingual Poetry Reading & Lecture
- “Achieving Justice: Gendered Violence, Displacement, and Legal Access in Guatemala and Oregon,” a roundtable
- LALISA Conference “Peripheral Mappings: Social and Cultural Geographies from the Underside of Modernity”
- 2017 CLLAS Call for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
- Dr. Lynn Stephen Elected Vice-President of Latin American Studies Association