The Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies (CLLAS) at the University of Oregon puts the study of Latino/a and Latin American communities in conversation with one another and with the state of Oregon. CLLAS is a knowledge center dedicated to public access and excellence through the integration of teaching, research, community engagement, and dissemination. CLLAS is an integral part of the UO’s strategy to recruit, retain, and build alumnae relations with a diverse and energized group of students, faculty, staff, parents, and families and to connect the university locally, nationally, and globally. CLLAS facilitates collaborative research, scholarship, intellectual community, and community outreach focused on Latin America and U.S. Latino/a populations.
Please click here for CLLAS contact information
Please click here for directories of CLLAS staff, CLLAS Advisory Board members and University of Oregon faculty working in the areas of Latino/a and Latin American Studies
Affiliated Community Partners
Listed here are organizations in Lane County and throughout Oregon with which CLLAS has ongoing interaction.
- October 10, 2014:
- October 17, 2014:
- March 12, 2015:
- Noche de Herencia Latina / Latino Heritage Night
- Colonial Exchanges Conference
- 11 facts for National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Flood of Central American immigrants is focus of UO researcher Kristin Yarris
- Latino Roots Panels Displayed at Festival in Independence
- Championing Undergraduate Research: UO-UNAM Exchange Program Encouraged Erica Ledesma to Pursue Graduate Studies