Archive for February 2nd, 2017
February 2, 2017 — “Jane Irungu, assistant vice president of student engagement, will serve as the UO’s point of contact and resource for international students and students covered under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
“The appointment is effective immediately and is part of the Division of Student Life. The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is commonly referred to as DACA.
“Prior to taking this role, Irungu held the same title in the Division of Equity and Inclusion, where she was director of the Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence.”
For the full story, go to: Source: Irungu to assist international, undocumented students | Around the O
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- April 5, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- April 14, 2017:
- April 15, 2017:
- April 18, 2017:
- May 5, 2017:
- May 17, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- Raúl Zurita & Anna Deeny: Bilingual Poetry Reading & Lecture
- “Achieving Justice: Gendered Violence, Displacement, and Legal Access in Guatemala and Oregon,” a roundtable
- LALISA Conference “Peripheral Mappings: Social and Cultural Geographies from the Underside of Modernity”
- 2017 CLLAS Call for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
- Dr. Lynn Stephen Elected Vice-President of Latin American Studies Association