|May 5, 2017|
The Center for Latino/a & Latin American Studies (CLLAS) Announces 2017 Seed Grant Competition for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m., Friday, May 5, 2017 Applicants will be notified by June 5, 2017.
In order to encourage existing projects and collaborations and to facilitate new ones, CLLAS announces its seventh grant competition for funds to be used during the 2017-2018 academic year (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018). We plan to award 1-2 grants of up to $5000. This grant is specifically intended to support research that fits within the CLLAS mission.
Projects that include collaboration between UO units, involve the wider Eugene/Springfield, Oregon, or Latin American communities/organizations/institutions in the U.S. or Latin America or propose other forms of community engagement are particularly welcome. In recognition of the fact that not all disciplines include collaborative models of research, such as fields within the humanities, CLLAS will consider projects that involve elements of community engagement. We are especially interested in projects that have the potential to put Latino/a and Latin American Studies into conversation with one another.
For the full details: 2017 Call for Faculty Grants Final
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- April 5, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- April 14, 2017:
- April 15, 2017:
- April 18, 2017:
- May 5, 2017:
- May 17, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- CLLAS Solidarity Statement
- Raúl Zurita & Anna Deeny: Bilingual Poetry Reading & Lecture
- “Achieving Justice: Gendered Violence, Displacement, and Legal Access in Guatemala and Oregon,” a roundtable
- LALISA Conference “Peripheral Mappings: Social and Cultural Geographies from the Underside of Modernity”
- 2017 CLLAS Call for Faculty Collaborative Research Groups
- Dr. Lynn Stephen Elected Vice-President of Latin American Studies Association