Archive for April, 2013
Mark Carey, Honors College, is a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
|April 9, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||4:30 pm|
A presentation by Rodrigo Gómez,Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (Mexico) and Fulbright visiting scholar at the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
To understand the Latin American arena of media policies, one must understand the control powerful media groups have had on media systems and their strong ties to authoritarian regimes and dictatorships-, which have shaped the weak practices of public broadcasting. Today, Latin America is reshaping its communication systems to give meaning to the changes, challenges and struggles that are happening in different regions.
Presentation sponsored by Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies and the Latin American Studies Program.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- February 11, 2016:
- February 16, 2016:
- February 18, 2016:
- February 19, 2016:
- February 25, 2016:
- February 26, 2016:
- April 15, 2016:
- May 6, 2016:
- May 7, 2016:
- May 13, 2016:
- May 20, 2016:
- October 14, 2016:
- “A Transnational War on Poverty: The US Peace Corps in South America during the 1960s,” Fernando Purcell
- WIP Talk: “Gender Violence and Mam Indigenous Refugees,” Lynn Stephen
- Educational Workshop: Centro Latino Americano
- 3rd Annual National Symposium on Spanish as a Heritage Language
- Julie Weise, “Corazón de Dixie: Mexicanos in the US South since 1910”
- CLLAS Executive Board member Kristin Yarris comments on Youth Circulations