Archive for April, 2013
Mark Carey, Honors College, is a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
|April 9, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||4:30 pm|
A presentation by Rodrigo Gómez,Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (Mexico) and Fulbright visiting scholar at the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
To understand the Latin American arena of media policies, one must understand the control powerful media groups have had on media systems and their strong ties to authoritarian regimes and dictatorships-, which have shaped the weak practices of public broadcasting. Today, Latin America is reshaping its communication systems to give meaning to the changes, challenges and struggles that are happening in different regions.
Presentation sponsored by Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies and the Latin American Studies Program.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- October 14, 2016:
- November 19, 2016:
- February 3, 2017:
- “Bicycle Justice and Urban Transformation,” a new book coedited by CLLAS co-director Gerardo Sandoval
- Optimism, broad communications experiences drive new SOJC dean
- Founding director Lynn Stephen passes CLLAS leadership torch
- Video link to “Latin@s and the 2016 Election: Policies, Immigration, & Action”
- Now available: Spring 2016 CLLAS Notes
- “Invisible No More” — a look at the research of Julie Weise