Archive for April, 2013
Mark Carey, Honors College, is a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
|April 9, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||4:30 pm|
A presentation by Rodrigo Gómez,Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (Mexico) and Fulbright visiting scholar at the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
To understand the Latin American arena of media policies, one must understand the control powerful media groups have had on media systems and their strong ties to authoritarian regimes and dictatorships-, which have shaped the weak practices of public broadcasting. Today, Latin America is reshaping its communication systems to give meaning to the changes, challenges and struggles that are happening in different regions.
Presentation sponsored by Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies and the Latin American Studies Program.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- May 5, 2016:
- May 6, 2016:
- “Crossing Borders: Women’s Stories of Immigration, Migration, and Transition,” CSWS Northwest Women Writers Symposium (NWWS) (12:00 pm)
- NWWS Documentary Film Premiere “Sad Happiness: Cinthya’s Transborder Journey,” directed by Lynn Stephen (12:00 pm)
- 2016 Seed Grant Competition for Faculty and Collaborative Research Groups (12:00 pm)
- NWWS “Crossing Borders: What It Means in the Life of a Child,” with keynote author Reyna Grande (1:00 pm)
- “From Iguala to El Otro Lado: A Young Girl’s Journey to the American Dream,” NWWS Keynote Talk with author Reyna Grande (6:00 pm)
- May 7, 2016:
- May 8, 2016:
- May 10, 2016:
- May 11, 2016:
- May 12, 2016:
- May 13, 2016:
- June 2, 2016:
- June 3, 2016:
- October 14, 2016:
- Immigrants’ struggle is really our struggle | Opinion | Eugene Register-Guard
- NWWS “Crossing Borders: What It Means in the Life of a Child,” with keynote author Reyna Grande
- NWWS Documentary Film Premiere “Sad Happiness: Cinthya’s Transborder Journey,” directed by Lynn Stephen
- “From Iguala to El Otro Lado: A Young Girl’s Journey to the American Dream,” NWWS Keynote Talk with author Reyna Grande
- Spring Film Series. Ayotzinapa: Crónica de un crimen de estado | Latin American Studies
- Zapotec hip-hop artist Mare Advertencia Lirika in concert on her SiempreViva Tour