Archive for April, 2013
Mark Carey, Honors College, is a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
|April 9, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||4:30 pm|
A presentation by Rodrigo Gómez,Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (Mexico) and Fulbright visiting scholar at the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
To understand the Latin American arena of media policies, one must understand the control powerful media groups have had on media systems and their strong ties to authoritarian regimes and dictatorships-, which have shaped the weak practices of public broadcasting. Today, Latin America is reshaping its communication systems to give meaning to the changes, challenges and struggles that are happening in different regions.
Presentation sponsored by Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies and the Latin American Studies Program.
- April 16, 2014:
- April 17, 2014:
- April 24, 2014:
- May 1, 2014:
- May 7, 2014:
- May 8, 2014:
- May 14, 2014:
- GTF Announcement: CLLAS Event Coordinator and Research Assistant Needed
- “Global Feminisms in Media Development,” with Gabriela Martínez
- Erin Beck: Development or Debt? The Long-term Effects of Microcredit for Guatemalan Women
- What is Documentary? Conference April 24 – 26
- Collin Eaton: “Understanding Obstacles and Incentives for Implementation of Low-Impact Housing Solutions in Guatemala”
- Special Collections Open House Showcasing the PCUN Collection