Archive for April, 2013
Mark Carey, Honors College, is a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
|April 9, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||4:30 pm|
A presentation by Rodrigo Gómez,Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (Mexico) and Fulbright visiting scholar at the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
To understand the Latin American arena of media policies, one must understand the control powerful media groups have had on media systems and their strong ties to authoritarian regimes and dictatorships-, which have shaped the weak practices of public broadcasting. Today, Latin America is reshaping its communication systems to give meaning to the changes, challenges and struggles that are happening in different regions.
Presentation sponsored by Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies and the Latin American Studies Program.
- Flood of Central American immigrants is focus of UO researcher Kristin Yarris
- Latino Roots Panels Displayed at Festival in Independence
- Championing Undergraduate Research: UO-UNAM Exchange Program Encouraged Erica Ledesma to Pursue Graduate Studies
- Immigration policy leads to kids in custody | Opinion
- Championing Undergraduate Research: Niria Garcia’s Field Research in Brazil Underscores the Importance of Developing More Funds
- CAPACES Leadership Institute 3rd anniversary celebration