Archive for April, 2013
Mark Carey, Honors College, is a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
|April 9, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||4:30 pm|
A presentation by Rodrigo Gómez,Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (Mexico) and Fulbright visiting scholar at the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
To understand the Latin American arena of media policies, one must understand the control powerful media groups have had on media systems and their strong ties to authoritarian regimes and dictatorships-, which have shaped the weak practices of public broadcasting. Today, Latin America is reshaping its communication systems to give meaning to the changes, challenges and struggles that are happening in different regions.
Presentation sponsored by Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies and the Latin American Studies Program.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- October 3, 2016:
- October 6, 2016:
- October 10, 2016:
- October 13, 2016:
- October 14, 2016:
- October 15, 2016:
- October 20, 2016:
- October 28, 2016:
- November 19, 2016:
- February 3, 2017:
- Mixed-Status Families In the US/Mexico Borderlands
- Mexican Bracero Food and Foodways: New Mexico and West Texas, 1942-1964
- “Myths, Lies and Truths: The Re-Invention of Ladino Song as Ancient”
- Cherríe Moraga: Lorwin Lecture on Civil Rights & Civil Liberties
- Study Abroad Scholarship – Universidad de San Andrés in Buenos Aires – University of Oregon
- Mario Sifuentez: Of Forests and Fields: Mexican Labor in the Pacific Northwest