Archive for April, 2013
Mark Carey, Honors College, is a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
|April 9, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||4:30 pm|
A presentation by Rodrigo Gómez,Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (Mexico) and Fulbright visiting scholar at the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
To understand the Latin American arena of media policies, one must understand the control powerful media groups have had on media systems and their strong ties to authoritarian regimes and dictatorships-, which have shaped the weak practices of public broadcasting. Today, Latin America is reshaping its communication systems to give meaning to the changes, challenges and struggles that are happening in different regions.
Presentation sponsored by Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies and the Latin American Studies Program.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- January 18, 2017:
- January 19, 2017:
- February 3, 2017:
- February 10, 2017:
- March 10, 2017:
- April 13, 2017:
- June 8, 2017:
- Graduate Grant Writing Workshop
- “Gender Justice in Guatemala: Advances and Challenges,” a talk by Erin Beck and Lynn Stephen
- CLLAS Graduate Research Grant Proposals: Deadline Feb. 10, 2017
- 2015-16 CLLAS Impact Report
- “Presente! Art and the Disappeared in Latin America,” with Stephanie Wood and Carlos Aguirre
- UO Today with Mario Sifuentez – YouTube