Archive for March 1st, 2013
We have extended the deadline to apply for the 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle and High School teachers to APRIL 15, 2013.
Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism
We are excited to invite Oregon teachers to apply to participate in our 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle School and High School Teachers titled, Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism. The Institute will take place at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA) on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, Oregon, from June 23-28, 2013. Completed applications are due by April 15, 2013. We anticipate selecting around 20 teachers to whom we will offer a modest stipend of $250 for their participation, room (for out of town participants who have to travel more than 60 miles) and board, as well as 30 hours of professional development credit. We will let selected teachers know by May 1, 2013.
- Flood of Central American immigrants is focus of UO researcher Kristin Yarris
- Latino Roots Panels Displayed at Festival in Independence
- Championing Undergraduate Research: UO-UNAM Exchange Program Encouraged Erica Ledesma to Pursue Graduate Studies
- Immigration policy leads to kids in custody | Opinion
- Championing Undergraduate Research: Niria Garcia’s Field Research in Brazil Underscores the Importance of Developing More Funds
- CAPACES Leadership Institute 3rd anniversary celebration