Archive for March 1st, 2013
We have extended the deadline to apply for the 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle and High School teachers to APRIL 15, 2013.
Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism
We are excited to invite Oregon teachers to apply to participate in our 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle School and High School Teachers titled, Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism. The Institute will take place at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA) on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, Oregon, from June 23-28, 2013. Completed applications are due by April 15, 2013. We anticipate selecting around 20 teachers to whom we will offer a modest stipend of $250 for their participation, room (for out of town participants who have to travel more than 60 miles) and board, as well as 30 hours of professional development credit. We will let selected teachers know by May 1, 2013.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- February 16, 2016:
- February 18, 2016:
- February 19, 2016:
- February 25, 2016:
- February 26, 2016:
- April 15, 2016:
- May 6, 2016:
- May 7, 2016:
- May 13, 2016:
- May 20, 2016:
- October 14, 2016:
- WIP Talk: “Gender Violence and Mam Indigenous Refugees,” Lynn Stephen
- “A Transnational War on Poverty: The US Peace Corps in South America during the 1960s,” Fernando Purcell
- Educational Workshop: Centro Latino Americano
- 3rd Annual National Symposium on Spanish as a Heritage Language
- Julie Weise, “Corazón de Dixie: Mexicanos in the US South since 1910”
- CLLAS Executive Board member Kristin Yarris comments on Youth Circulations