Archive for March 1st, 2013
We have extended the deadline to apply for the 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle and High School teachers to APRIL 15, 2013.
Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism
We are excited to invite Oregon teachers to apply to participate in our 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle School and High School Teachers titled, Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism. The Institute will take place at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA) on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, Oregon, from June 23-28, 2013. Completed applications are due by April 15, 2013. We anticipate selecting around 20 teachers to whom we will offer a modest stipend of $250 for their participation, room (for out of town participants who have to travel more than 60 miles) and board, as well as 30 hours of professional development credit. We will let selected teachers know by May 1, 2013.
- April 24, 2014:
- May 1, 2014:
- May 7, 2014:
- May 8, 2014:
- May 14, 2014:
- May 15, 2014:
- Collin Eaton: “Bridging the Affordability Gap: Strategies for Lower-Cost Housing in Guatemala”
- GTF Announcement: CLLAS Event Coordinator and Research Assistant Needed
- What is Documentary? Conference April 24 – 26
- Special Collections Open House Showcasing the PCUN Collection
- A concert by Alberto Carrión to celebrate Julia de Burgos centenary
- Gentrification: In Portland, as in Spike Lee’s Brooklyn, a complicated question of race and class