Archive for March 1st, 2013
We have extended the deadline to apply for the 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle and High School teachers to APRIL 15, 2013.
Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism
We are excited to invite Oregon teachers to apply to participate in our 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle School and High School Teachers titled, Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism. The Institute will take place at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA) on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, Oregon, from June 23-28, 2013. Completed applications are due by April 15, 2013. We anticipate selecting around 20 teachers to whom we will offer a modest stipend of $250 for their participation, room (for out of town participants who have to travel more than 60 miles) and board, as well as 30 hours of professional development credit. We will let selected teachers know by May 1, 2013.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- May 27, 2016:
- June 1, 2016:
- June 2, 2016:
- June 3, 2016:
- October 14, 2016:
- November 19, 2016:
- February 3, 2017:
- Working Futures: Perspectives on Labor from the Global South
- CoDaC Academic Acculturation Workshop: How Faculty Can Make the Learning Environment More Inclusive
- (De)provincializing World War I: Latin American Literature and the reshaping of global modernism
- Screening of ‘No Más Bebés’ & producer talk on the coerced sterilization of Mexican American women
- Running from Office: Why Young Americans are Turned Off to Politics
- Femicide and the Gendered Effects of the Human Rights Crisis in Mesoamerica