Archive for March 1st, 2013
We have extended the deadline to apply for the 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle and High School teachers to APRIL 15, 2013.
Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism
We are excited to invite Oregon teachers to apply to participate in our 2013 Summer Institute for Oregon Middle School and High School Teachers titled, Understanding the Many Faces of Latin America through Art and History: Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism. The Institute will take place at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA) on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, Oregon, from June 23-28, 2013. Completed applications are due by April 15, 2013. We anticipate selecting around 20 teachers to whom we will offer a modest stipend of $250 for their participation, room (for out of town participants who have to travel more than 60 miles) and board, as well as 30 hours of professional development credit. We will let selected teachers know by May 1, 2013.
Access the above link for giving to the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Gift Fund. Online gifts may be made using the form available at this link; all gifts are processed by the University of Oregon Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization responsible for receiving and administering private donations to the University of Oregon.
- April 18, 2015:
- April 20, 2015:
- April 22, 2015:
- May 1, 2015:
- May 2, 2015:
- May 13, 2015:
- May 18, 2015:
- June 4, 2015:
- June 5, 2015:
- June 6, 2015:
- June 8, 2015:
- Christopher Chávez Wins 2015 Outstanding Early Career Award
- Multiple Worlds, Shared Streets: A Cross-Cultural Approach to Sustainable Transportation
- “Maluco Beleza: Music of the Brazilian Counterculture,” with Prof. Christopher Dunn
- May 1 deadline for CLLAS GTF position AY 2015-16
- Hector Tobar and Brent Walth: Two Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists join SOJC faculty
- Latin American Studies Student Symposium: Dictatorship, Transitional Justice, and Human Rights in Latin America